10 for 2010
Iain Dale amoung others has made some predictions for happenings in 2010 so here is my attempt at 10 purely political predictions for 2010:-
- 1. The Conservative majority after the General Election will be between 0 and 30.
- 2. Liberal Democrats will occupy between 45-50 seats after the election.
- In the General Election; both Caroline Lucas and Nigel Farage will be elected.
- In the local elections, Liberal Democrats will lose control of Liverpool and Leeds but retain Sheffield.
- A virtual unknown (at least a junior minister or below) will replace Gordon Brown as leader of the Labour Party.
- Nick Clegg will not be leader of the Liberal Democrats by the end of 2010.
- As Iain says, Iran will be bombarded but my prediction is it will defiantly be Israel and not the USA who does. In response, China and Russia will form a new defence organisation to rival NATO.
- A demonstration against the war in Afghanistan will attract over a million people.
- By the end of 2010 the Conservatives poll rating will start to decline.
- Britain will show moderate economic growth (no more than 1.5% overall) and optimism will start to sharply decline at the end of the year.
So, there we have it…..now all we have to do is wait and see.